Bible Verse for February 23rd.



Your Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you.


Psalm 119:11

NKJ Bible


God's Word is our handbook for living. Our Bibles are of no use to us sitting on a shelf, on our night table, on our computers or mobile devices if we're not reading it. It has be be hidden in our hearts and minds, ready to be used for any situation we're facing in life. 


How do we hide His Word in our hearts? We do this by meditating and memorizing relevant verses. Situations will certainly arise when we need to use God's Word, but don't have a Bible available to us. However, if His Word is stored in our heart, we will be able to effectively use it to be edified and strengthened and ward off the enemy. We need to remember that God's Word has power over situations and that there's actually a verse for every trial and temptation you may encounter. We need to make an ongoing habit of memorizing Scripture and hiding them in our hearts.


Thank you Lord for Your Word. Help me to develop a deep love for it and to meditate and memorize it. I know Your Word has power over anything I may face and I store these truths in my heart. I love you, Jesus. Amen!


Be Blessed!

Lydia



I am pleased to announce that Feedspot has selected my blog, From My Heart to Yours as one of the Top 40 Devotional Blogs. My desire is to continue to keep encouraging others and sharing God's love. (Go to https://blog.feedspot.com/devotional_blogs/  and scroll down to #24 to find my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment