Bible Verse for May 9th.

For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

Psalm 107:9
NLT Bible

When we're thirsty and hungry, we're never satisfied until we've quenched our thirst and eaten something. Many of us can remember when we first accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. We yearned for Him and spent all our time in His Presence, then somehow over the years, we've allowed our cares, activities, things and people to consume and fill our lives. Sadly, we are left with a void as they never satisfy the longing inside of us. Only God can.

We must satisfy our physical hunger and thirst continually and it's the same principle in our relationship with God. We need to search ourselves and see if our hunger for God has decreased over time. If it has, we need to get back to that time when we hungered for God. We do it by spending time in His Presence, meditating on His Word, worshiping and praising Him.

Thank you Lord for satisfying the longing in my heart. I pray that I will never allow anything to keep me from spending time in Your Presence. My heart yearns for you. I love you, Jesus. Amen!

Be Blessed!
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment