Bible Verse for March 9th.

Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely and admirable.

Philippians 4:8
NLT Bible

Our thoughts shape our actions, so it's important that we think about things that will have a positive impact on our lives. Thoughts are continually flashing across our minds and while some may be fleeting, others can play over and over again in our minds. This verse should serve as a checklist for our thoughts. If they are not true, honourable, pure, lovely, right and admirable, then we need to discard them at once.

We must be vigilant with our thoughts. Negative and ungodly thoughts can creep in unexpectedly and we can choose to silence them immediately or dwell on them. Since our thoughts and actions are connected, we need to ensure that our conversations, the things we watch, the behaviour we engage in and the places we frequent are pleasing to God as these are the things that will be uppermost in our thoughts. As we spend time with God and meditate on His Word, our thought process changes and we begin to focus on what is right, good and pure.

Thank you Lord for Your goodness. I know that my thoughts determine my actions and I pray that I will always meditate on things that are true and honourable. May my thoughts and behaviour be pleasing to you. I love you, Jesus. Amen!

Be Blessed!
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment