𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

August 04, 2024

Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.

Proverbs 29:11 NLT Bible

We all get angry at times, but the main difference is how we react. A foolish person will throw caution to the wind and lash out harshly and sometimes cruelly at someone, while the wise one will quietly hold it back and walk away. There's no denying that anger is justified at times, but as believers, we must ask God for wisdom to deal with situations in a calm and rational manner, without ridiculing or hurting the feelings of another. Left unchecked, anger becomes a dangerous and destructive emotion that often leads to verbal and sometimes physical abuse.

Life is hectic and we've all seen people become angry on the roads, at home, at work, at school, in fact just about anywhere. We must care about the feelings of others and asking God for wisdom is the key to controlling anger. Wisdom causes us to show restraint and to practice self control. We simply cannot tear someone to shreds and carry on as if nothing happened, when what we've actually done is tarnish our testimony as children of God and belittled someone in the process. It takes a mature, compassionate and loving person to walk away and say nothing when angered. We can be victorious and overcome anger if we continually surrender our emotions and situations to God.

Thank you, Lord for Your wisdom. I surrender every situation I may encounter to you. Help me to think before I speak and if I become angry, to walk away and hold my peace. Teach me self control Lord and let me never lash out at anyone in rage or anger. I love you, Jesus. Amen!

Be Blessed!

Lydia 

No comments:

Post a Comment