Bible Verse for June 6th.


O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for You are my safe refuge.

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭61:1-3
NLT‬‬ Bible

In this life, many of us will be faced with situations that perplex and overwhelm us and sometimes when this happens, our faith is tested and shaken to the very core. As this Psalm tells us, all we can do is to cry out to God to hear our prayers. We may have problems in our personal lives and might be looking on helplessly at the struggles of family and friends and especially now, at the sheer magnitude of what's happening in the world around us. Everything seems overwhelming. Discouragement and despair seem to set in and we are unable to shrug it off.

Thankfully, we don't need to succumb to this! We can cry out to God wherever, whenever and in whatever state we are in with complete assurance knowing that He will hear and answer us and be our Rock of safety. We may not get answers as to why some things are happening, but we know that in God we have a place of refuge, peace and safety. In this chaotic world, intimacy and fellowship with God must be a priority. It's the only way to rise above the inevitable trials of life.

Thank you Lord for being my refuge and my Rock of safety. Hear my cry, O Lord. My heart is overwhelmed and I cry out to You. I know I can find peace, comfort, hope and strength in You. I love you, Jesus. Amen!

Be Blessed!
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment