Bible Verse for May 12th.

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to You and wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:3
NLT Bible

Many of us awake each morning and the first thing we may do is glance at our phone to check for messages, turn on the television, watch the news, grab a cup of coffee and then rush around to get ready to start the day. As children of God, we need to begin each day with Him. We may be busy, have a lot to take care of, but doing this sets the tone for the day and puts everything in its right perspective.

This is our opportunity to thank and praise God for His goodness, to bring our requests to Him, to seek His guidance and direction and to spend some time meditating on His Word. It's also our time to listen, to be quiet in God's presence to hear what He has to say. We may have hectic and demanding schedules, but setting aside some time for this should be a priority. Meeting with God in the morning requires discipline and it may warrant getting up a bit earlier, steering clear of distractions for awhile as we meet with our Heavenly Father, but the rewards are great. We are strengthened, renewed and edified after fellowshipping with Him. We don't know what we may face in any given day, but when we make this a priority, we have the assurance that He is in control and all will be well.

Thank you Lord for this new day. I worship You, Lord Jesus. I don't know what today may bring, but I surrender everything to You. Lead and guide me in the path You would have me take. I love you Jesus. Amen!

Be Blessed!
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment